Friday, April 24, 2015

Week #4 Do you think it is OK for EMPLOYEES to take things from work for their personal use?

To take things from a work place is not fair. Not only is it unfair for the owner, also for the employees, because it is money being spent on someone who takes things without asking. It will lead other employees to do the same therefore it will cause the owner to fire people I believe. For example if I owned a restaurant, and the employees took glasses, plates, forks, and food such as deserts, alcoholic bottles, it will lead a loss of my company. That would make me unhappy, so it is better to pay for your personal uses. It is not okay to take anything without asking. That is something a person should learn since the begging year of  being a toddler.

13 comments:

  1. First of all I don't know why people would steal. I mean if you don't have that certain item or whatever oh well there's times in life where you have to learn to appreciate the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I don't know why people would steal. I mean if you don't have that certain item or whatever oh well there's times in life where you have to learn to appreciate the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you because people actually do that now a days but it's not ok. If the employee really for some reason needs something that belongs to there bosses resterant, company, ect. Than it wouldn't hurt to ask if they can have it. If the boss/owner says no well then just respect there wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you because if they have a job they can just go out and by whatever they need! They shouldn't steal from someone else because they wouldn't like it if someone else stole from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. I respect how you would handle with those situations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, people need to respect their work place. They were given a opportunity to have a decent work place, but they took advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes it true people need to respect their work place they get a chance to have a good job but some take advantage of opportunities
    .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you. if one employee sees a coworker taking stuff, he's either going to tell the boss and get that worker fired or he's going to think its ok for him to get stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yessica, I especially agree with how you end your post. The thought I have always had is that there must be people that are taught (when they are little) that it is ok to do things like "steal or borrow". Most of us were brought up to learn right from wrong, but there are a lot of criminals out there who are raising children! Are they creating cycles or generations of criminals?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also don't think it's fair for the owner because they lose money and inventory. Some people think it's okay for them to "borrow" stuff just because they don't have those items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree it is unfair because that money right there! If I had a Job That had things i can use at home I probably wouldn't take them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Using things for personal use from the company also makes you look bad. Giving yourself a bad impression makes others think about your actions as bad. Maybe thinks about your actions before taking things would be smarter idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think everyone of us agrees that taking things from work with out permission is very wrong and can get you to be accused of stealing might end up fired and maybe in a court if you steal money.

    ReplyDelete