Co-workers can not be friends. In a work place you are there to work not to gossip and talk about others. I have learned that you can't be friends with your co-workers because if you are you will find yourself talking to your friends instead of doing your job which causes chaos in the work place. Another thing, is that I realized people can be really fake to customers, and to their co-workers especially older white ladies, that do not have anything else to do, but hate on a person. At the end of the day you will realize you are your own friend, because "friends" are there to help, and no co-worker is going to be there when you are getting yelled at by your manager or boss. Co-workers may act like friends, but will talk behind your back. Don't trust anyone. (:
I agree with you, you go there to work not gossip with co-workers. Gossiping with co-workers can lead you to lose your job. So it's better to stick to your job that way you won't have any problems with your supervisor, manager or just anyone.
ReplyDeleteYessica, it is too bad that you have had that type of situation occur to you. I know that in the hospitality industry that same thing has happened to my daughter, but not all people are going to turn on you. I hope you will be able to have a different situation later in your employment because there are situations in the workplace where valuable friendships are made for a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that in a work place it is not place to gossip about someone or a place to start problems with co-workers. I think that in a work place there can be people that you are not going to have a good relationship with however I think that it is important to have a neutral relationship with them.
ReplyDeleteYou can have friends and talk to them at work but you don't have to be open up to them. You don't have to give them your trust, you just have to be friendly with everybody just to get along with them and get your work done.
ReplyDeleteI think it's okay to be friends but not that close. I agree that gossip will always start and to not trust anyone.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you YesSica. If you make friends, instead of doing what you're suppose to be doing, you're going to be busy cheatchatting and won't get anything done.
ReplyDeleteI agree sometimes making friends slows you down on doing your job. people should focus on their job and not gossip.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Yessica, but at the same time you can have friends at work if both of them do their work without distractions.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you ! Co-workers are just for work and who knows what they are out of work .
ReplyDeleteIf you have friends at work you don't have to gossip. You can simply help each other which will make work easier.
ReplyDeleteBeing friends with co-workers can be good and bad. Work is work and keeping on track can be tricky with friends around you.
ReplyDelete